Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) has an immediate opening for a Chief Financial Officer resident in our Boston office.
What you’ll do:
As a member of CLF’s management team, you will advance CLF’s mission by:
- Leading and continually improving stewardship of CLF’s resources, including management, expenditure, and investment of financial assets and care of physical assets.
- Working with the President and senior leaders of the organization to develop and manage an annual operating budget of approximately $15 million, a significant capital budget, and invested funds of more than $20 million, as well as an annual capital budget.
- Supervise both internal staff and external vendors to support the organization with long-term strategies, timely financial information, and support services ranging from cash management and payroll for a staff approaching 100 to facilities management and information technology (IT) support for offices in six states.
- Working in partnership with the Vice President for Development and other department heads to maintain and enhance sound practices for tracking funds from a diverse range of sources, including foundations, individual donors, litigation recoveries, and fee-for-service contracts.
- Regularly communicating with banks, investment advisors, auditors, financial services providers, lawyers and other vendors that support CLF’s financial functions.
- Overseeing the annual audit process for CLF.
- Tracking and regularly reporting financial information to the Board of Trustees, the Board Finance Committee and Audit Committee, and senior managers.
- Making CLF a leader among non-profit organizations in adopting best management and compliance practices.
- Assuming additional responsibilities as requested by the President.
What you’ll need:
- A record as a successful and experienced financial leader and manager.
- Both technical and management experience in the non-profit sector, preferably with significant grants management experience.
- Excellent supervisory and financial management skills.
- Deep strategic and analytical capacity to lead planning around fiscal dimensions of organizational goals and operations.
- A graduate degree in business or a related field.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of information technology and facility in working with a variety of fiscal management platforms.
- A creative mind and a collaborative disposition.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Enthusiasm for CLF’s mission to protect New England’s health and environment for all.
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
You might like to know
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to water pollution to community problems like childhood lead poisoning. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial- resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “Chief Financial Officer” the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. CLF embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.