Conservation Law Foundation is hiring a Communications Associate. Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, this dynamic position will develop and execute multi-channel communications strategies to advance CLF’s advocacy and fundraising goals, with a special emphasis on the organization’s Ocean Conservation program. It is an opportunity to join a highly experienced team of communications/marketing professionals and dedicated advocates working on critical environmental issues facing New England and the nation.
This position is located in CLF’s Boston, Massachusetts, office.
What you’ll do
You will support CLF advocacy goals, with particular focus on our Oceans program, by:
- writing and editing blogs, narrative-based feature stories, and other content to produce clear, compelling narratives highlighting CLF’s legal, policy, and economic work;
- researching and writing fact sheets, newsletter articles, and other print and electronic materials for various campaign initiatives;
- designing infographics, event invitations, fact sheets, and graphic assets for print, web, email, and social media campaigns;
- producing, filming, and editing short videos about CLF’s work;
- managing the CLF online photo library and other digital assets;
- acting as communications liaison with external coalition partners;
- working with CLF’s Press Secretary to implement news media strategies to build visibility and support for CLF’s ocean conservation advocacy objectives;
- writing letters to the editor, op-eds, and other opinion pieces and talking points;
- providing administrative support for the Marketing & Communications team.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 4 years’ work experience in communications, marketing, or a closely related field;
- software proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop; Premier Pro a plus) and Microsoft Office;
- familiarity with WordPress a plus;
- demonstrated experience using a variety of social media channels as part of an overall engagement program;
- knowledge of social media trends;
- an ability to understand and explain complex topics and their solutions;
- capacity to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects;
- ability to work well with a wide range of people in a collaborative fashion;
- willingness and ability to travel throughout New England.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
We recognize the value of work-life balance and also strive to create opportunities for growth for all employees through professional development.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Communications Associate” the subject of your email. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.