Conservation Law Foundation is hiring a Communications Associate. Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, this dynamic position will develop and execute multi-channel communications strategies to advance CLF’s advocacy and fundraising goals, with a special emphasis on the organization’s Ocean Conservation program. It is an opportunity to join a highly experienced team of communications/marketing professionals and dedicated advocates working on critical environmental issues facing New England and the nation.
This position is located in CLF’s Boston, Massachusetts, office.
- Support CLF advocacy goals by:
- writing and editing blogs, narrative-based feature stories, and other content;
- designing infographics, event invitations, fact sheets, and graphic assets for print, web, email, and social media campaigns;
- producing, filming, and editing short videos about CLF’s work.
- Help project manage email production, including monthly enewsletters; annual fundraising campaigns; event invitations; bi-monthly President’s Report enewsletter.
- Manage CLF online photo library and other digital assets.
- Work at major events as assigned, which may include weekends and evenings.
- Provide administrative support for Marketing & Communications team and assist with other tasks as assigned.
- Work with Oceans advocates to develop clear, convincing ways to discuss their legal, policy, and economic work.
- Assist in developing and implementing communications plans to engage and mobilize support for Ocean Conservation campaigns.
- Hone storytelling skills to create compelling narrative-based content using both written and visual platforms.
- Edit blogs and other content generated by Oceans advocates for CLF’s website and social media channels.
- Act as Communications liaison with external coalition partners.
- Work with CLF Press Secretary to implement news media strategies to build visibility and support for CLF’s ocean conservation advocacy objectives. Write letters to the editor, op-eds, and other opinion pieces and talking points.
- Research and write fact sheets, newsletter articles, and other print and electronic materials for various ocean campaign initiatives.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 4 years’ work experience in communications, marketing, or a closely related field.
- Software proficiency:
- Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop; Premier Pro a plus)
- Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with WordPress as well as Engaging Networks or other email software a plus.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing a variety of social media channels as part of an overall engagement program and knowledge of social media trends.
- Ability to understand and explain complex topics and their solutions.
- A quick learner who can meet deadlines while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people in a collaborative fashion.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout New England.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
We recognize the value of work-life balance and also strive to create opportunities for growth for all employees through professional development.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Communications Associate” the subject of your email. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.