Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a Donor Relations and Events Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join an exceptional Development team and support important work to protect New England’s environment for all people. This position is based in CLF’s Boston office, with some opportunity for remote and flexible work within New England.
What you’ll do
CLF’s Donor Relations and Events Manager is a dynamic leader who designs, plans, manages and executes engaging events, meetings, and programs to grow and cultivate CLF’s donor and volunteer base. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience and success in event planning and excellent communication skills. The Donor Relations and Events Manager is an integral member of CLF’s ten-member development team and reports to the Senior Vice President for Development. Occasional evenings are required for internal and external events. Some travel within New England is also required.
You will be a key player by:
- Leading virtual and in-person Development events from concept to planning and execution;
- Creating a New England-wide event plan to grow membership and revenue, in collaboration with State and Program Vice Presidents;
- Managing all communications materials – invitations, interpretive materials, take-aways, follow-up letters, etc., in partnership with Communications colleagues;
- Working with and supporting volunteer host committees;
- Monitoring and tracking all aspects of event budget;
- Ensuring that event briefings for senior staff are completed in a timely manner, in collaboration with the Major Gifts Coordinator;
- Securing sponsorships for fundraising events in partnership with the Senior Vice President for Development;
- Supporting staff events such as annual staff retreats and holiday events;
- Managing special projects to honor existing donors; and,
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree, as well as 3-5 years of experience;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Wealth Engine, and Luminate Online preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written communication skills. Requires consistent attention to detail, flexibility, a high level of productivity, and a solution-oriented mindset;
- The ability to prioritize and manage several projects at various stages of completion;
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Willingness to travel to offices within New England and perform occasional nighttime and weekend work;
- An understanding of environmental issues and a background in environmental studies or advocacy are a plus; and,
- Personal and professional commitment to addressing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems, from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in statehouses, courthouses, boardrooms, regulatory hearings, and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF frequently works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately from the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected. The base salary for this position is $69,000; actual salary will reflect experience and qualifications.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Donor Relations and Events Manager” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
CLF considers the health and safety of its staff members and their families, our guests, our visitors, and the community at large to be a top priority. All offers to work, intern, or volunteer with CLF are conditioned on the candidate complying with CLF’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.