Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) seeks an experienced and organized individual to serve as Executive Assistant to the President. The successful candidate, who will have prior experience supporting a senior executive, will ensure communication flow in the organization and will serve as the primary point of contact with Board members, senior staff, donors and other partners. This is a full-time exempt position based in our Boston office, with some opportunity for remote and flexible work.
What you’ll do
The Executive Assistant to the President will be chiefly responsible for assisting the President in all aspects of the President’s leadership of CLF. The Executive Assistant will:
- Coordinate logistics for all meetings, internal and external, of the President, including but not limited to CLF staff and board members, major donors and foundations, public officials, and external constituents;
- Represent the President and the organization as the primary point of contact to triage all internal and external requests and issues directed to the President;
- Proactively manage and support the calendar and time commitments of the President;
- Support CLF’s Board of Trustees including implementation of Board Effect software, along with managing the board calendar, taking meeting minutes, supporting specific board committees, and serving as a liaison between board members and the President;
- Manage administrative support needs for the President, such as preparing memoranda and agendas, preparing briefing books, keeping the President “on schedule,” managing correspondence and other communications to/from the President, coordinating travel, preparing expense reports, tracking delegated tasks, ; and
- Contribute to CLF’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can work both independently and as a productive team member. A passion and interest in a mission driven organization is highly desirable. To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience providing administrative support to C-suite or other senior executives (or comparable experience);
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) strongly preferred;
- Very strong critical listening and thinking skills;
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple demands in a fast-paced work environment;
- Top-notch interpersonal, writing, proofreading, organizing, phone and office skills;
- Demonstrated capacity for problem-solving and taking initiative, evidence of good judgment and history of high productivity;
- A professional sense of integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information;
- Experience with technology and software systems, including file sharing systems, such as NetDocs, Board Effect and Microsoft Office SharePoint is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated capacity to work well both autonomously and as part of a team, including being an excellent collaborator
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours as needed; and,
- A commitment to CLF’s mission, including its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected. The base salary for the position is $88,000; actual salary will reflect experience and qualifications.
We recognize the value of work-life balance and also strive to create opportunities for growth for all employees through professional development.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name- first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “Executive Assistant To The President” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
CLF considers the health and safety of its staff members and their families, our guests, our visitors, and the community at large to be a top priority. All offers to work, intern, or volunteer with CLF are conditioned on the candidate complying with CLF’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.