Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) seeks an experienced, engaging, and organized individual to serve as Executive Assistant to the President. The successful candidate, who will have prior experience supporting a senior executive, will routinely provide strategic support to the President and will interact on behalf of the President with Board members, senior staff, donors and partners. This is a full-time exempt position based in our Boston office.
What you’ll do
The Executive Assistant to the President will be chiefly responsible for assisting the President in all aspects of the President’s leadership of CLF. The Executive Assistant will:
- Coordinate logistics for all meetings, internal and external, of the President, including but not limited to CLF staff and board members, major donors and foundations, public officials, and external constituents.
- Represent the President and the organization as first responder to and troubleshooter for internal and external requests directed to the President;
- Proactively manage and support the calendar and time commitments of the President;
- Support CLF’s Board of Trustees including managing the board calendar, taking meeting minutes, supporting specific board committees, and serving as a liaison between board members and the President;
- Manage administrative support needs for the President, such as preparing memoranda and agendas, preparing briefing books, keeping the President “on schedule”, managing correspondence and other communications to/from the President, coordinating travel, preparing expense reports, tracking delegated tasks, etc.; and
- Contribute to CLF’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a motivated and mature self-starter who can work both independently and as a productive team member. Experience in a non-profit, public interest, interdisciplinary and/or community-engaged advocacy setting is highly desirable. To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience providing administrative support to C-suite or other senior executives (or comparable experience), preferably but not exclusively, in a nonprofit environment;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) strongly preferred;
- Very strong critical listening and thinking skills;
- Top-notch interpersonal, writing, organizing, phone and basic office skills;
- Demonstrated capacity for problem-solving and taking the initiative, evidence of good judgment and history of high productivity;
- Demonstrated capacity to work well both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours as needed; and.
- A commitment to CLF’s mission, including its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Executive Assistant To The President” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
CLF embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.