The Major Gifts Coordinator is responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the major gifts program which includes the President, Vice President, Senior Major Gifts Officer, and State and Program Directors. In addition, the Coordinator provides critical research and insights that support front line fundraising and grow the organization’s donor base. Finally, the Coordinator will assist as needed with CLF’s events program.
What you’ll do
- Manage approximately 300 major gift donors/prospects for the President, Vice President of Development and Senior Major Gifts Officer to ensure a robust and efficient moves management program;
- Prepare weekly major gifts meeting agendas;
- Prepare monthly check-in meeting agendas for State and Program Directors;
- Maintain donor records with updated information, communications, and stewardship plans;
- Research, prioritize, and manage a pool of new and existing prospects for major and planned gifts across New England using public and dedicated databases;
- Assists with execution of select Development events to further engage and cultivate new and existing relationships; and,
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree, as well as 3+ years of development experience or related experience required;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Wealth Engine preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize and manage several projects at various stages of completion.
- Experience with research using public databases and ability to analyze data;
- Experience and a high degree of proficiency working with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Willingness to travel to state offices within New England and willingness to perform occasional nighttime and weekend work; and,
- An understanding of environmental issues and a background in environmental studies or advocacy are a plus.
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
You might like to know
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Major Gifts Coordinator” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please.