Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking an Office Manager to join our team working to protect New England’s environment for all people. The Office Manager will provide crucial administrative support to CLF’s Boston Office including scheduling, logistical planning, and development support to ensure efficient and well-organized operations. The Office Manager reports to the Vice President of Massachusetts and is based in the Boston office.
What you’ll do
- Provide general administrative support to select Massachusetts staff including the Vice President for Massachusetts and Environmental Justice Program staff. Administrative support duties include but are not limited to compiling and preparing lobbyist reports, maintaining calendars and contacts, planning travel, meetings and events, taking notes, tracking time, and assisting with filings, and covering office reception;
- Provide MA State Board support, including, but not limited to coordinating all meeting dates and logistics, preparing meeting minutes and other Board materials, as well as Board relationship management and assignment tracking;
- Oversee office management responsibilities, including but not limited to maintaining supply ordering and inventory, maintaining and troubleshooting office equipment, managing all incoming and outgoing mail/deliveries, and maintaining subscriptions;
- Support Development efforts for the MA Office including but not limited to assisting with major donor appeals, assisting Vice President of MA and Vice President for Environmental Justice, and others with the management of Development portfolios, conducting donor research, supporting Foundation Relations Manager and VP in securing state operating grants, assisting with state-specific events, and other related tasks, as appropriate;
- Assist Vice Presidents and other staff with various financial tasks, including, but not limited to preparing expense reports and tracking staff expenditures, preparing annual budget development, collecting receipts and compiling monthly credit card reports for staff, as well as processing invoices and submitting to the Finance Department;
- Assist with various Human Resources related responsibilities, including but not limited to assisting with recruitment and onboarding of new staff and interns, compiling time off reports, recruiting and supervising volunteers and general interns for the office as appropriate;
- Act as backup support to IT and Facilities management and Operations teams; and
- Other duties as specified.
What you’ll need
- At least three years of professional work experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with general office procedures
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
- Strong commitment to CLF’s mission
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected. The base salary for the position is $51,750; actual salary will reflect experience and qualifications.
We recognize the value of work-life balance and also strive to create opportunities for growth for all employees through professional development.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “MA Office Manager” the subject of your email. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.