Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking an Operations Assistant to join our team working to protect New England’s environment for all people. The Operations Assistant will work with CLF’s Administrative Team to ensure the efficient and well-organized functioning of CLF’s Boston office.
What you’ll do
The Operations Assistant will help CLF achieve our mission by:
- Working closely with the Boston Office Manager to:
- schedule, set up and break down meetings and events at CLF;
- monitor and coordinate supply and equipment needs;
- manage and execute large document productions;
- assist legal filings in coordination with CLF Advocacy staff;
- manage and maintain common areas and conference rooms; and
- manage and coordinate information systems, audiovisual and teleconference resources;
- Assisting CLF’s Recruitment Coordinator in providing first impressions to staff, Board members, partner organizations and the general public through coverage of CLF’s front desk including:
- Answering phones and small switchboard;
- coordinating incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries; and
- managing the CLF reception area;
- Work with contractors and consultants in the general management of the Boston office’s facilities;
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as necessary.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a motivated and mature self-starter who is able to work both independently and as a productive team member. To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Strong communication skills;
- An ability to perform basic property management tasks, including occasional heavy lifting;
- Commitment to working collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues and partners;
- An ability to take initiative, solve problems, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment;
- High level of organization and attention to detail;
- Commitment to developing new skills and responsibilities;
- An interest and commitment to the mission of CLF; and
- Prior experience in an office setting is a plus.
CLF offers a competitive salary an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
You might like to know
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “CLF Operations Assistant” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please. CLF embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.