Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking an Operations Associate to join our team working to protect New England’s environment for all people. The Operations Associate will work with CLF’s Administrative team to ensure the efficient and well-organized functioning of CLF’s Boston office. The Operations Associate reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is based in the Boston office.
What you’ll do
The Operations Associate will help CLF achieve our mission by:
- Working closely with the Massachusetts Office Manager and IT Manager to:
- schedule, set up, and break down meetings and events at CLF
- monitor and coordinate supply, equipment, and furniture needs
- manage and maintain common areas and conference rooms
- manage and coordinate information systems, audiovisual and teleconference resources
- Providing occasional and/or back-up coverage of CLF’s front desk:
- offering exceptional first impressions to staff, Board members, partner organizations and the general public
- Answering and operating phones
- coordinating incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- managing the CLF reception area
- Working with contractors and consultants in the general management of the Boston office’s facilities:
- Coordinating repairs
- Scheduling regular inspections and cleanings
- Acting as primary point of contact for Property Manager and Custodian
- Managing the annual Facilities Budget
- Assisting the CFO, Chief of Staff, and other senior leaders with special projects as needed
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as requested.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a motivated, responsible self-starter who is able to work both independently and as a productive team member. To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Strong communication skills
- An ability to perform basic property management tasks, including occasional heavy lifting
- Commitment to working collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues and partners
- An ability to take initiative, solve problems, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Commitment to developing new skills and responsibilities
- An interest and commitment to the mission of CLF
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected. The base salary for the position is $51,750; actual salary will reflect experience and qualifications.
We recognize the value of work-life balance and also strive to create opportunities for growth for all employees through professional development.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “Operations Associate” the subject of your email. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.