Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a full-time paralegal to work in the organization’s environmental enforcement litigation group. The paralegal will be working in support of trial attorneys pursuing environmental law litigation in various district court jurisdictions in New England and will be based out of CLF’s Boston office.
- Assist attorneys in acquiring, preparing, defending and closing environmental law cases;
- Research and pursue fact investigations through on-line data collection, file requests and reviews, ownership and control research, and site investigations;
- Organize and prepare paperwork – such as motions and pleadings – obtaining affidavits and providing attorneys with all necessary documents;
- Help set up and prepare for meetings or interviews with clients or others involved in cases;
- Maintain files under CLF’s document retention policies;
- Perform administrative and other responsibilities as needed.
- Experience providing legal administrative support;
- Strong research and writing skills (legal or otherwise), oral communications skills, and attention to detail and comfort with deadlines;
- Competency in various software program and applications, including Excel and Microsoft Word; GIS skills are a plus;
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to take initiative, solve problems, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment;
- Willingness to travel within New England with occasional nighttime and weekend work;
- An understanding of environmental issues and a background in environmental studies, science, or advocacy are a plus;
- Good sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits:
CLF offers a competitive compensation, an extensive benefits plan, and a rich, multicultural work environment.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “Paralegal” the subject of your e-mail. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.
* * * * * *
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in statehouses, courthouses and boardrooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color and communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1966, CLF is recognized nationwide for taking on complex issues, sticking with them and getting results that make New England a better place to live, visit and do business, including: cleaning up Boston Harbor, restoring New England’s cod population, blocking oil and gas drilling on Georges Bank, preserving wilderness areas in Vermont and New Hampshire, reducing emissions from cars and trucks, laying the groundwork for widespread implementation of renewable energy, and winning some of the country’s strongest protections for clean air and clean water. CLF is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with offices in Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.