Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a staff attorney with 2 to 6 years of experience to join our team working to protect New England’s environment for all people. The staff attorney will work in CLF’s New Hampshire Advocacy Center with the CLF New Hampshire team and CLF staff from our four other offices in New England to advance CLF’s leading environmental advocacy in the Granite State. This position is based in CLF’s New Hampshire office, in Concord.
What you’ll do
CLF is dedicated to protecting New England’s environment for the benefit of all, including using the law, science and the market to create solutions that preserve our natural resources, build healthy communities, and sustain a vibrant economy. CLF’s New Hampshire office has a robust and growing body of advocacy spanning the issues of environmental justice, protection of water resources, and promotion of clean energy and other solutions to tackle the problem of climate change.
You will be a key player in helping us achieve our mission.
You will help us to:
- Devise and execute legal advocacy and policy strategies for achieving CLF’s advocacy goals, particularly in matters related to environmental justice, the health and restoration of the Great Bay estuary, and advancing clean energy;
- Represent CLF in courts, before administrative bodies, at the New Hampshire legislature, and before the public;
- Advise and work with community and advocacy groups on legal and policy matters;
- Build alliances and coalitions among parties that may include community groups, public officials, business interests, and other organizations; and
- Influence projects, policies, legislation, and plans.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a motivated and mature self-starter who is able to work both independently and as a productive team member. Someone who has:
- A commitment to protecting and promoting the environment, public health, and social justice and tackling the climate crisis;
- A passion for using and strengthening the law to protect natural resources and communities;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to put your analysis into writing that is easily understood by a variety of audiences;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- High level of organization and attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment;
- Commitment to developing new skills and responsibilities;
- Commitment to working collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues and partners; and
- Been admitted to practice in good standing in New Hampshire or be willing to join the New Hampshire bar.
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
You might like to know
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to water pollution to community problems like childhood lead poisoning. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “CLF New Hampshire Staff Attorney” the subject of your e-mail. The position is opened until filled. No phone calls please.
CLF embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.