Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a Video and Social Marketing Intern to assist in the development of CLF’s videos, photography, social media marketing, writing, and other multimedia projects. The Intern should have an aptitude for filming and editing video as well as photography, and an interest in using social and multimedia communications to advance social causes.
Over the course of this summer internship, the Video and Social Marketing Intern will have an opportunity to gain professional experience and be an integral part of CLF’s Marketing and Communications Department. This person will produce original content and material that will engage and expand CLF’s audience and increase CLF’s online impact and effectiveness.
- Help create short videos – including storyboarding, filming, and editing – about CLF staff, initiatives, and campaigns
- Take photos of CLF’s work throughout New England, including places we protect, cities and towns where we work, and people with which we work, to help tell the CLF/New England story (CLF can provide a DSLR/video camera, or you may make use of your own)
- Help organize and maintain CLF’s digital photo and video library
- Help develop and execute a strategy to produce video and multimedia content beyond CLF’s current reach
- Manage the CLF Instagram account, and write content and create graphics for other social channels in addition to Instagram to support advocacy and fundraising campaigns
- Take headshots and other types of photos of staff and other partners as needed
- Assist Marketing & Communications staff with other tasks as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Major in photojournalism, journalism, design, communications, marketing, or film
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience video and audio editing as well as photography; knowledge of AfterEffects a plus but not required
- Variety of photography experience and ability to conceptualize visual stories
- Creative and outside-the-box thinker
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and fast-paced, interactive environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel on your own to state offices or other locations as appropriate to create original video and photographic content (travel expenses to be reimbursed)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1, 2020. Please make “Video and Social Marketing Intern” the subject of your email. The Video and Social Marketing Internship requires a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week and comes with compensation in the form of a stipend. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.