CLF forges lasting solutions for the region’s most critical environmental challenges.
Thanks to CLF’s relentless advocacy – in courtrooms, in statehouses, and in boardrooms from New England to D.C. – today Boston Harbor is the pride of the city, Georges Bank is free from oil and gas rigs, Lake Champlain’s polluted waters are getting cleaner, and New England’s remaining obsolete coal plants are on the verge of shutting down for good.
But we don’t just shut down polluters. We create comprehensive long-term solutions to environmental challenges. CLF is a critical mover in building a new energy infrastructure, restoring the health of our oceans, countering climate change, and safeguarding the health, quality of life, and economic prosperity of our families and neighbors for generations to come.
A healthy, thriving New England – for generations to come.
CLF protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. We use the law, science, and the market to create solutions that preserve our natural resources, build healthy communities, and sustain a vibrant economy.
- Courage: We take on powerful opponents, work at the vanguard, and challenge conventional wisdom.
- Collaboration: We recognize the power of partnership to achieve change, and we engage our allies with transparency, respect, and humility.
- Creativity: We craft innovative and thoughtful solutions to solve big problems.
- Integrity: We stand up for the rule of law, sound science, thoughtful analysis, intellectual honesty, and ethical action. We strive to reduce our carbon footprint and environmental impact in our operations and activities.
- Justice: We believe everyone has a right to live in a healthy environment and have access to nature. We are committed to vindicating that right in the face of historic injustice for current and future generations.
- Optimism: We communicate a positive vision for New England’s future. Through our actions, we demonstrate that the most pressing environmental challenges, including climate change, can be met with focus, intention, and hope.
CLF and You
We rely on people like you to support our work – and we’re committed to putting your money to work where it matters most: supporting our advocacy across New England and making our region a cleaner, healthier place to live, work, and play for generations to come.
Our Annual Report
In this special issue of Conservation Matters, we take you behind the scenes of our work to give you a glimpse into how we break down challenges and develop solutions to create a healthy, thriving New England – not just for today, but for generations to come.
Where Does Your Money Go?