Clean Air, Clean Water, and Healthy Communities for the People of New Hampshire
With its weathered White Mountains, stunning lakes, rivers, and coast, historic villages and thriving urban centers, New Hampshire offers an unparalleled quality of life – and it’s a place we’re proud to call home.
For decades, CLF has fought for New Hampshire families and communities – from helping block a four-lane highway through Franconia Notch to stopping construction of a second unit at Seabrook Nuclear Power Station. Today, we put our local knowledge and policy expertise to work to make our air and water cleaner, protect our climate, and create safe and healthy communities for all.
- CLIMATE CHANGE: We’re shutting down dirty coal, fighting big gas, and saying yes to clean, locally made energy.
- CLEAN WATER: We’re leading the charge to protect New Hampshire’s waters, with a focus on restoring the amazing Great Bay estuary.
- PEOPLE & COMMUNITIES: We’re tackling a problem many have forgotten – childhood lead poisoning – and ensuring a brighter future for New Hampshire’s children.
- OCEANS: We’re protecting our most fragile ocean habitats and securing the future of our fishing families.
- MARKET STRATEGIES: We’re helping New England shift to a green economy – one that’s low carbon and sustainable, and that provides opportunities for all.
We’re working towards a New Hampshire powered by affordable clean energy, with air free from dirty pollution… a New Hampshire with waters we all can swim in, fish, and drink from without worry… and a New Hampshire where our homes are safe from toxic poisons and our communities are stronger, more vibrant, and healthier than ever before. This is the future that CLF is fighting to create.
What We’re Up Against
New Hampshire is already feeling the impacts of climate change – from more frequent and intense storms to warming temperatures. Business-as-usual approaches to the way we generate and use energy, manage our waters, and sustain our communities simply won’t work any longer.
The single largest source of climate-warming pollution in New Hampshire? Two dirty, outdated coal-fired power plants. Even as we fight to shut them down – and make New England entirely coal-free – a new threat looms. Big gas wants us to trade dirty coal for another polluting fuel: natural gas. And they want to deliver it by building a massive, oversized pipeline right through our backyards.
At the same time, Northern Pass threatens some our most iconic landscapes while putting us on the wrong path to clean, home-grown energy.
But it’s not just our air and climate at risk. Pollution also threatens our waterways – and the communities that depend on them for recreation and economic prosperity.
That’s why CLF is fighting for change in New Hampshire, holding polluters accountable and ensuring a healthy, thriving Granite State for generations to come.
CLF New Hampshire
27 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301-4930