Healthy Communities and a Healthy Environment for All
From rural farmland and western foothills, to urban centers and coastal villages, Connecticut is a state of varied landscapes and remarkable range.
For decades CLF has worked to protect people and communities across Connecticut. We’re fighting to shut down Bridgeport’s dirty coal-fired power plant and protect the state’s iconic waters from illegal pollution from commercial industrial sites. With our partners and allies, we’re working to make our air and water cleaner, protect our climate, and create safe and healthy communities for all.
- CLIMATE CHANGE: We’re fighting to shut down the state’s last coal plant, making our cars greener, and saying yes to clean, home-grown energy across the state.
- CLEAN WATER: We’re leading the charge to hold polluters accountable for illegal stormwater discharge that’s harming our communities and our waters.
- PEOPLE & COMMUNITIES: We’re fighting toxic air and water pollution and supporting a thriving local food system across the region.
- OCEANS: We’re working hand-in-hand with partners and stakeholders to protect ocean wildlife and habitats – and the coastal communities that depend on them.
- MARKET STRATEGIES: We’re helping New England shift to a green economy – one that’s low carbon and sustainable, and that provides opportunities for all.
We’re working towards a Connecticut powered by low-cost, reliable clean energy, with air free from dirty pollution and waters you can swim in, fish, and drink from without worry… a Connecticut with a flourishing ocean untainted by pollution where fish are bountiful and our shorelines resilient to climate change… and a Connecticut with thriving neighborhoods where you can easily walk and bike to the grocery store and work – and where public transit is accessible to everyone. This is the future that CLF is fighting to create.