A Healthy and Thriving Massachusetts for All
Massachusetts is a state of extraordinary range – from our miles of coastline to the western mountains, our dense hardwood forests to our working farms, our thickly settled city neighborhoods to our rural village greens.
CLF has fought for Massachusetts’ people and communities for 50 years. We’ve cleaned up Boston Harbor, shut down dirty coal plants, and forced the Commonwealth to modernize its public transit system. Today, we’re putting our local knowledge and legal expertise to work to make our air and water cleaner, protect our climate, and create safe and healthy communities for all.
- CLIMATE CHANGE: We’re fighting big gas and saying yes to clean renewable energy and greater energy efficiency across the state.
- CLEAN WATER: We’re leading the charge to protect Massachusetts’ waters by holding polluters accountable for illegal stormwater discharge that damages our waterways and endangers our health.
- OCEANS: We’re protecting our most fragile ocean habitats and securing the future of Massachusetts’ fishing families.
- PEOPLE & COMMUNITIES: We’re fighting for access to affordable public transit for all and bolstering our local farmers and food entrepreneurs with free legal help so their businesses can thrive.
- MARKET STRATEGIES: We’re helping New England shift to a green economy – one that’s low carbon and sustainable, and that provides opportunities for all.
We’re working towards a Massachusetts powered by low-cost, clean energy, with air free from dirty pollution and waters you can swim in, fish, and drink from without worry… a Massachusetts with a flourishing ocean untainted by pollution where fish are bountiful and our shorelines resilient to climate change… and a Massachusetts with neighborhoods where you can easily walk and bike to the grocery store and work – and where everyone has easy access to public transit. This is the future that CLF is fighting to create.