Your privacy is important to Conservation Law Foundation (CLF). CLF does not share, distribute, or sell e-mail addresses or phone numbers. CLF provides personally-identifiable information to its website service provider, Blackbaud, Inc., on a strictly confidential basis to enable Blackbaud to maintain a membership database, send e-mail messages, and provide other website-related services for CLF. CLF does not sell, rent, or exchange any personal information that you provide to us through the site. However, we may share, on a confidential basis, your personally-identifiable information, as well as a record of transactions you conduct with us, with third-party analytics partners and related service providers to enable us to better understand demographic information about our supporters and website visitors and to advance our environmental advocacy goals, and for no other purpose.
You may opt out of sharing your information with a third party by contacting our membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can opt out of CLF e-mail communications at any time. Each e-mail CLF sends will indicate how to unsubscribe from the list via e-mail or via a web page.
CLF Comment Policy
CLF strives to foster positive and balanced discussion of environmental issues in New England. On our blog and Conservation Matters articles, we welcome comments from any and all sources and viewpoints, but in order to keep the conversation focused on the important issues at hand, we ask that commenters maintain a civil tone and refrain from posting inappropriate or offensive remarks. Comments on CLF content will be reviewed by a moderator prior to posting to ensure compliance with this policy. In particular, CLF will not approve any comments that contain the following:
- Unlawful, harmful, threatening, profane, abusive, or harassing language, as determined by CLF;
- Defamatory or libelous statements, as well as excessive personal attacks and accusations of conspiracy;
- Rants that do not contribute original thoughts to the debate and/or are not relevant to the subject of the post or page being commented on. Commenters who habitually submit multiple comments making the same point, whether in response to one post or multiple different posts, will be banned from commenting in the future.
- Content that is copyrighted or otherwise belongs to another source and is not identified as such and properly cited; and
- Advertisement or promotion of a product or service.
In addition, CLF requests that you take the following into consideration when drafting and submitting your comments:
- Please keep your comments as concise as possible to allow blog followers to read and digest multiple posts and comments in the limited time they have available. If you are particularly passionate about a subject and cannot keep your comment limited to one or two paragraphs, we suggest that you write a post on your own blog and link to that post in the comments;
- While we do our best to approve comments in a timely manner, there will be a small time lag between the submission of your comment and its approval and posting. Please do not be discouraged if your comment does not appear right away, especially if you are posting between the hours of 5pm and 9am Monday through Friday or on weekends; and
- Please use a valid email address when submitting your comments so that we have a means by which to contact you if necessary. We will never publish your email address on CLF or use it for any purpose other than contacting you regarding your comment if necessary.
Finally, the comments on CLF’s website represent the opinions of a diverse array of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of CLF or any of the individuals associated with the website. The CLF comment policy may change from time to time, so please check back to make sure you are aware of the current comment policy. Any questions on the CLF commening policy should be directed to the blog editor at email@example.com.